3. Understanding Kidney Disease
In this four part series Richard Trudgen, Djiniyini Gondarra and Dr Paul Snelling talk about Kidney Disease. They explain the causes of Kidney Disease. They look at how the kidneys work, their purpose in the body, and what happens when they stop working. It looks at the symptoms of Kidney Disease and how it’s related to diabetes.
Using both English and Yolngu Matha this podcast explains deeper level bio-medical information.
Produced by Aboriginal Resource and Development Services (ARDS) in 2005.
There are 4 Stories in this podcast. Please see time stamps below –
- Story No. 1 Causes of Kidney Disease 0:00
- Story No. 2 The purpose of the kidneys and how they function 11:21
- Story No. 3 What happens when the kidneys stop working 23:05
- Story No. 4 Diabetes and Kidney Disease 37:13.