This podcast is an 8 part series discussing Hepatitis A, B and C.
In the first 6 parts Djiniyini Gondarra, Richard Trudgen and Dr Sue Smith explain what hepatitis A and B are and how common they are in Arnhem Land.
In the last 2 parts Djiniyini and Richard team togehter with Tony Binnalang to talk specifically about Hepatitis C.
There is also an additional advertisement, (previously aired on Yolngu Radio) about how to stop the spread of Hep C by discouraging the sharing of blood ‘contaminated’ personal objects.
All conversations are in English and Yolngu Matha. This is the only resource we are aware of that has such a detailed explanation of Hepatitis in Yolngu Matha.
There are 8 Stories in this podcast. Please see time stamps below –
· Program No. 1 What is Hepatitis. – 0:00
· Program No. 2 More about the disease Hepatitis. – 12:20
· Program No. 3 Deeper understanding of Hepatitis. – 30:31
· Program No. 4 How much Hepatitis A in Arnhem Land. – 52:22
· Program No. 5 How much Hepatitis B in Arnhem Land. – 1:02:47
· Program No. 6 More about Hepatitis B. – 1:12:43
· Program No. 7 Hepatitis C. – 1:25:44
· Program No. 8 More on Hepatitis C. – 1:35:17
· Plus a short information advertisement to help stop the spread of Hep C. – 1:41:27
Produced by Aboriginal Resource and Development Services (ARDS) in 2004.