What is TAX?
This podcast explores taxation and income tax. It explains that every government collects tax, why, and where it goes (hint – it’s not the Prime Minister!). Also mentions that every business and company is required to pay tax. It explores what a tax return is and how the amount of a tax return depends on a person’s income and expenses, and is affected by how many jobs they have. It explains that it is the law to pay tax and each person’s responsibility to have a tax file number and to lodge a tax return. An accountant can help with this.
There are 5 stories in this podcast. Please see time stamps below-
- What are the two Australian leaders talking about. Income tax what is it? 0:00
- What is Tax. Is it a bank book Government keeps for us. Or money in the Prime Minister pocket? 14:39
- Making the economy strong. Why Gov needs tax. Value in money. 27:49
- What is a tax return. Many think they should get all their tax payed back. 39:40
- Two jobs, more tax taken. Do mining com have to pay this tax? 57:31