4. Is Yolngu Matha any good to understand Business?
Examines the business mindset of traditional Yolngu people and explores the existence of business academic language in Yolngu Matha. Explains that Yolngu don’t need to speak English in order to understand business as their own traditional law and language is proficient in all aspects. Looks at the mainstream misconceptions of Yolngu culture as primitive hunter-gatherers, when in fact they were industrious business people and natural farmers. Discusses the loss of power and legitimacy of Yolngu culture when English is adopted and why abandoning traditional Indigenous language to only learn English doesn’t work and leaves people worse off.
There are 4 stories in this podcast. Please see time stamps below-
- Yolngu Matha Business Language 0:00
- Yolngu Matha is good for understanding business 12:56
- Yolngu Matha is a powerful language 23:26
- Learn English and still have no business 35:05